Student Club Celebrates Start of National Hispanic Heritage Month

LHSC will sell bracelets, sponsor Mass to celebrate Latin and Hispanic culture

By Antonio Soto, Contributing Writer

Hola everyone. 

With the start of a new school year comes the start of student clubs including the Latinx Hispanic Student Coalition. 

The Latinx Hispanic Student Coalition will start our 2022 school year with a celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month which begins today and runs through Oct. 15.

During National Hispanic Heritage Month, Marian Catholic’s LHSC will make daily announcements sharing the stories of famous Latinx and Hispanic people who’ve made a positive impact on our world. The organization plans to make shirts and pins for the students involved in LHSC. In addition to these announcements, each Friday during National Hispanic Heritage Month, there will be Hispanic and Latin music played over the school PA system

Tomorrow (Sept. 16), the club will sell authentic Mexican bracelets during each lunch period. The bracelets will be sold for $5 each until we run out. 

On Oct. 3rd, there is going to be a Mass held during Community Period to honor National Hispanic Heritage Month with a Hispanic/Latino priest as celebrant. All are welcome to attend the Mass, which will be half in English and half in Spanish. 

As the school year goes on, the Latinx Hispanic Student Coalition aims to do more exciting things to spice up Marian with the flavor of Latin and Hispanic culture.