The Spartan Star

The Student News Site of Marian Catholic High School

The Spartan Star

The Spartan Star

Taylor Swift Helps Dads and Daughters to Bond

Taylor Swift is a name that has been thrown around quite often in the football world. Whether it’s headlines about her relationship with Travis or about what she wore to the big game, she has become a well-known figure within the football community. Her relationship with Tight End football player, Travis Kelce, has become the topic of many conversations. People, mainly football fans, have different opinions on her appearances at the games and on their relationship as a whole. 

Tabloids haven’t been the only people to benefit from her presence. It has also positively affected the relationship between dads and daughters. This football season, young girls who look up to Swift, started watching football in hopes of getting a glimpse of their favorite celebrity. The dads who have been trying to get their daughters to watch football with them for years have finally found a way to spend time with their girls. These overlapping interests have strengthened the daddy-daughter relationship of many families. 

Many fathers have expressed their love of football to their daughters who have finally chosen to watch it with them. Videos have scattered the internet of little girls cheering with their dads when their respective team scored, along with whenever Taylor Swift was on screen. Dads have gone the extra mile by buying football jerseys for their daughters to convey their love to their daughters. 

During the Super Bowl commercials, there was a heartwarming ad created by Cetaphil commemorating the bond between a father and daughter during this year’s football season. This commercial was heavily inspired by TikToker, Sharon Mbabazi. It features small references to Taylor Swift such as the ‘13’ Jersey the father gives his daughter. Both of them sport the friendship bracelets that have become a tradition at Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour’. This commercial that was based on a real father and daughter, represents one of the many families that have bonded this season.

Now that football season is over, I hope that the connection made during the season will continue as families find more ways to spend time together.