The Spartan Star

The Student News Site of Marian Catholic High School

The Spartan Star

The Spartan Star

New English Teachers Bring Positivity to Marian Catholic

While walking through the first hall, students may have noticed three new faces standing
outside their classrooms. To continue their academic excellence, Marian Catholic welcomed
three new English teachers into their faculty lineup this school year. Mrs. Crescenzo, Mr. Nichin,
and Mr. Cannon each bring a unique passion for teaching. As they continue to settle into their
new roles, they are dedicated to making a significant impact on the students.

Mrs. Crescenzo teaches Sophmore World Literature and Junior American Literature. She
expressed her love for helping students discover their power. “Being able to help other kids find
their voice and empower them–it’s a personal triumph,” Crescenzo states, highlighting her
gratitude for her role as a teacher. She also is thankful for Marian’s community, stating that the
students look out for one another.

Down the hall, Mr. Nichin enriches the minds of his freshman students as well as seniors
taking the African-American literature class. He explains his favorite aspect of being a teacher,
“Watching people grow & improve and creating relationships with my students,” said Nichin. He
also expressed his appreciation for the welcoming nature of both Marian staff and students,
noting their respectfulness.

Mr. Cannon, who teaches sophomore accelerated and senior dystopian literature shared
his favorite part of being a teacher, stating, “Making some kind of positive impact on students,”.
Cannon also expressed the joy he has for his role within Marian’s teaching and learning
environment, “I am back at a Catholic institution…I’m very happy!”.

These 3 teachers are committed to helping students reach their successes and their
passions. They are dedicated to bringing a fresh perspective to their English classes each day
while continuing to represent the values of Marian Catholic.